Thursday 23 September 2010

If Tears Could Build A Stairway Dad

If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane, we would walk right up to heaven and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it and only God knows why.

Our hearts still ache in sadness and secret tears still flow, what it meant to lose you, no one will ever know.

But now we know you want us to mourn for you no more, to remember all the happy times life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten we pledge to you today, a cherished place within our heart Is where you'll always stay.

I miss you Dad, everyday. No poem will change that. People say that it gets easier. I wish the "gets easier" part would hurry up, because it hurts so much.

I know you will rest easier Dad, because I have a good man looking after me, and after Mum. He has been everything that you would want for me, and I couldn't have survived losing you without him.

But I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment