Thursday 9 December 2010

Update

Yesterday was six weeks to the day since I had my knee done. Six weeks!

It was also the day of my post op visit to the consultant to check up on my knee.

At the beginning of this week I had abandoned the last crutch completely and was walking around without it. Albeit slower and with a limp (I have to re-teach myself how to walk properly) but still about without crutches.

After pulling my knee about and twisting it (which was like "ok that's enough now"!) and asking me some questions he confirmed that all was in order and I am to return in three months time for a follow up.

I mentioned about the scar which is still a bit uncomfortable in places. Apparently there are internal stitches as well as external and the internal ones need to dissolve. Because there isn't much tissue on top of the knee cap, everything is very close to the surface, as you can see from the photo below.

The good thing is that he has cleared me to drive. I'm really pleased about this because poor Mark has been stuck with driving me here there and everywhere, which must have been a hassle for him.

I went in the gym last night to use the exercise bike. Noticing a big difference in the freedom of movement, still got some restriction in it at the moment, but it will come with time and hard work!

Will keep taking photos of my scar, need to see how it improves as there is still a way to go yet, but come a long way when you look back at the early photos.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment