Tuesday 23 November 2010

Progression

Had first real session of physio today. After pulling my knee about and then dragging me into the gym to install me on the bike to get my knee moving, the physio then confiscated one of my crutches and got me walking using just one as light support.

Using one crutch is a lot easier. My knee did ache after the going over it got today, but then the physio said that was to be expected as we need to build the muscles up. I have been give a couple of exercises which I need to carry out three times a day.

It's got to be said, I could not get over how scary it was when the physio took one of the crutches away. I have been trying to put more weight on that leg recently, but making a conscious decision to do so did slow me down as I had to work at it. To then walk with just one after four weeks was really unnerving. It just goes to show how reliant on them you can become.

I have weekly sessions of physio scheduled for the next four weeks, plus my instructions to work on the knee in between. Though my knee is sore, I feel a lot better in myself. The crutches were dragging me down mentally, I felt limited by them, almost claustrophobic.

Next step, to be off crutches completely, and then to be able to drive!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment