Tuesday 16 November 2010

Quick note

I have been taking photos of my knee ever since the nurse came round and changed the dressing the morning after my surgery. People think I'm weird and a bit gruesome, and I can deny neither quirk of character, to a degree.

However, on evenings like this, it is helpful. I took the last dressing off of my knee earlier and was examining the scar. At a passing glance it doesn't look like it has healed much since I first had it done.

However, when I pull up the photo of it from last week (taken after the sadistic nurse removed stitches!) I can really see the changes. They are not obvious at a passing glance, but by comparing the scar and the photo side by side (the wonders of an iPhone!) the improvements are obvious.

When you can see the changes that have taken place already, it helps you to focus on going forward by showing how much has happened already. Photos make it something tangible.

Someone I know who had surgery two weeks before me (though hers was a lot more extensive) said that we will get there "day by day" My taking photos, however gruesome, is so that I can see whether or not I am getting there.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment