Monday 8 November 2010

Healing

Day Thirteen. I've not made as much noticeable progress over the last five or six days, but then I'm not sure I am supposed to. We went down to Somerset on Thursday afternoon as Mark had business to attend to in Salisbury on Friday.

Before we went I had my first physio appointment. The physio was reluctant to pull my knee about too much because I have got stitches and they are not due to be taken out until this Wednesday. He asked how long I was signed off for, and didn't query my returning to work this Friday.

On the Friday before last I visited the clinic as the hospital had specified the dressing should be changed either then or on the next (last) Monday. The clinic couldn't understand the need for the change, but they did it anyway. They also said I wasn't to change the dressing again myself as it should be ok until the stitches were to be taken out.

Well, I have put tape on the top bit of the dressing as the adhesive had started to go home, and I have replaced the dressing myself this evening. I couldn't wait until Wednesday and I thought leaving it exposed (dressing not sealed properly) was just as dangerous if not more so than changing it myself.

I made sure my hands were clean and I didn't touch the skin when I replaced the dressing. I couldn't resist it, I did take a photo of the scar, and I was pleased to see it appears to be healing relatively well.



It's not going to be the prettiest knee, but then it never was, so no loss there! Not looking forward to having the stitches out though :-(

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment