Tuesday 1 June 2010

House Elves

After waking up at seven on Saturday and spring cleaning the entire house from top to bottom, I decided that the carpet in our room and the landing could do with cleaning. In the shadowy depths of my brain I recalled that my mum owned a vax carpet cleaner. I procured this on Sunday, with a view to returning the carpets to a nice pristine condition with less effort than would be required with a scrubbing brush and bowl of cleaning fluid.


Because THAT was a bright idea! I don’t know what on earth led me to think that using a vax would be easier, but I won’t be making that mistake again! It doesn’t spray the water and foam out evenly, and in order to entice the machine to suck up the dirty water from the carpet, you have to press down on the front of the vax, while trying to push it. After fifteen minutes of battling with our carpet I was sweating profusely and had begun to resemble a human pretzel.


Recognising that my limited patience was being tested to its very limits and that it would soon be found wanting, I packed the offending carpet cleaner away, before I gave in to the temptation to throw it down the stairs. I will be purchasing a can of Vanish for carpets and hopefully using considerably less elbow grease with the landing carpet by using a scrubbing brush!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment