Tuesday 25 May 2010

Stupid Things

There has to be a Top Ten of Stupid Things Not To Do. The list would stem from the fact that the Stupid Things are either life threatening, or at the least, very painful. In that list, you could expect to see the following: not crossing motorways on foot and stripping wallpaper with a steamer next to a live plug socket. Today, I’ve found a new one. Not wrapping your hair round a styling brush!



It wasn’t deliberate, it wasn’t one of those “What happens if I do this” ideas, it was a “Trying to add body to my hair and not having the first clue as to how to go about it" idea.










If you have seen Harry Potter then the description "Devils Snare" would be very apt! The end result was a very sore scalp derived from needing my beloved partner to help me extricate the brush from it's entanglement. Mark was as gentle as possible (bless him!) but trying to remove a hair brush from a web of hair is not a gentle exercise, no matter how hard you try.



So rather than heading to work with a neat well styled head of hair, I went to work with the front of my hair tied back as I could not face the hassle and torture of styling for any longer, nor did I have the time for it.



This week seems to be hell bent on challenging me for sure, and its only Tuesday! Referring to a previous post on the subject of having my knee reconstructed and the waiting time for the surgery, I was very shocked to get a phone call from the hospital yesterday.



The reason for the shock, was that they have informed me that my paperwork is being passed over to the treatment centre (which didn't mean a thing to me) I should be hearing about a pre assessment in the next couple of weeks and they intend to have me treated in the next eight weeks or so.



Just to clarify in case there is any confusion, "Treated" as in "operated on"!



So, there was me thinking that I had at least four months to get my staff trained up, and instead I will be lucky to have three months at the most.



On the upside it will get it over with, but it's scary because it's a damn sight closer than I thought. And I am scared. I know it's a routine operation, but touch wood I have been quite healthy, only stayed in hospital once overnight and that was when I had my arthroscopy done in 2003.



Still, I should be thankful for small mercies, I just need ideas of the silver lining to counteract the "Omfg, eight weeks!" sensation I'm still feeling!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment