Thursday 28 October 2010

At the Hospital

This wont be posted until I get home as the hospital doesn't have wifi and I can't be bothered to type it on my iPhone!

I came in yesterday morning (Wednesday) for an acl reconstruction. They originally wanted me to come in Tuesday evening, but I asked if I could come in first thing in the morning instead. It was my Mum's birthday on Tuesday and I didn't really want to be in hospital on her birthday.

As it happens it was a very good call. There is another lady on the ward with me, she came in Tuesday evening at 6pm, and went down for surgery at 8.45am yesterday morning. If I had come in Tuesday evening, it would have been a waste of an evening and I would have still not been operated on until 11am.

Once I came round from the surgery, the afternoon and evening was spent sleeping and trying to keep food and drink down. I was successful with the sleep part, the food and drink was another matter entirely. I think I was sick about three times yesterday, and I'm not good with being sick. Pale and clammy was the look of the day for me unfortunately!

I slept relatively ok, thanks to Mark's headphones and iPod, which I had playing all night. The only problem was that they had put the bed in a semi sitting position yesterday evening and I couldn't reach the controls to put it down flat, so I spent most of the night not laying right down. It probably wasn't a bad thing, meant I didn't subject the other ward occupant to my snoring!

At the moment my knee is achy, but it's "tolerable". I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, I have had a cup of tea this morning and a biscuit, and managed to keep it down. So far so good.



As you can seen, my leg is bandaged from mid thigh to my toes, so as yet I haven't seen the op site. Nurse has just asked me if I want any pain killers, which I declined, don't want to take anything if I can avoid it.

The situation at the moment is that I'm waiting for an x-Ray and to see the physio. Once that has been done, hopefully I will be able to escape.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment