Tuesday 19 October 2010

Daylight Robbery!

I must be getting cranky in my old age. I could have sworn it was against the law to charge the equivalent of the national debt (or so it feels) for a cheeseburger in an airport. I'm sure there is some moral issue about cranking up the prices for supply and demand.

At the time of writing (will be posting this later due to Faro airport not supplying free wifi, so inconsiderate of them) due to being hungry (and not being sure what food Easyjet will have available for purchase on the flight) I have just bought a cheeseburger. See below. That wasn't the condition in which it arrived, I have already started eating, it's purely to give an idea of size (which was small)




For the equivalent for a McDonald cheeseburger, "burger & grill" charged €6.15 which, given that the current exchange rate (Do NOT get me started on THAT) is almost €1 to £1, that's at least £5.00. At least.

If it was a meal, as in fries and drink included, I could perhaps understand it. But €6.15 for a lowly cheeseburger is just capitalising!

It's not just Britain that is a ripoff, every other sodding enterprise seems to be getting in on the act.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment