Tuesday 26 October 2010

Our Family Chain

We little knew that morning
That God would call your name.
In life we loved you dearly;
In death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you
The day God called you home.
You left us beautiful memories,
Your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you,
You are always by our side.
Our family chain is broken
And nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

Author Unknown


It just isn't right, you should be here Dad. I miss you. I never dreamed in a million years that when I spoke to you on the phone that Tuesday night, it would be for the last time. If God wanted to give me a lesson in not taking things for granted, did it have to be as cruel and as awful as this?

There are days when I think I'm ok, that I'm getting through the "grieving stages" and that I'm moving forward.

Then I have days, like today, when I realise how much it still really hurts, and that I'm not doing as well as I thought. Days when, no matter who else is with me, no matter how hard they try, it's you I want to be here. I love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment