Sunday 16 May 2010

Getting my head round it.

Went to see the consultant this morning about my knee. The acl is completely wrecked (which I knew) and I'm facing a reconstruction. Not sure quite when this is going to happen, but it will involve crutches for about six weeks and no weight bearing on that leg for about the same length of time.



The annoying thing is that I have got to wait for the appointment and I don't know how long it will be, it's estimated at four to six months, but there is no telling when.



It's mucked up our holiday plans, we can't book anything too far in advance in case I get an op date and we have to cancel. So our five days in Barcelona is about the extent of our getaways this year. So much for two weeks in the sun.



It wouldn't be so bad if they could give me a date now for in six months time. At least I could make preparations and book things around it. Instead the next six months are a "no plans zone" any idea what that's like for someone with a mild case of ocd?



All in all, pretty irritated!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment