Saturday 22 May 2010

TFIF!!

Hallelujah and praise all things fun and enjoyable, it’s Friday at last! What is it about Fridays that makes even waking up and getting ready for work easier to handle?



It’s day five of healthy eating and I’m still managing to consume at least three of my five a day. The complete change in my eating habits has not sent my body into total shutdown, which is a good sign. The unbelievable thing is that I’m actually enjoying the fruit consumption. I NEVER thought I would hear myself say THAT!



In a bid to get myself fit, I ordered Davina Fit on dvd and a Pilates dvd. The Davina Fit arrived yesterday and I cracked on with one of the sections this morning, which is about 30 minutes long. It’s funny, when you watch these dvd’s it’s easy to think “That doesn’t look too energetic” Heck was I wrong! I was sweating by the bucket load!



It could be an indication of my general lack of fitness as the amount of exercise I have undertaken in recent months has reduced drastically due to my knee deteriorating. Netball has been ruled out indefinitely, I don’t enjoy swimming (plus it makes me hungry) and there aren’t many forms of exercise (bar one!) which keep knee impact to a minute level, and minimal impact on knees is what I need as mine is wrecked. You should have seen the mri scan!



I collected my hot brush from the Royal Mail office this morning (yay!), so I will be testing that out and doing some practicing with it in order to get the most out of my shorter hair style. Due to serious lack of time this morning (twenty minutes to get dressed, dry hair and style it!) I reverted back to hair dryer and hair brush. It was largely due to lack of time, and also due to lack of patience, but “practice makes perfect” as they say, so I will keep trying.



This weekend is a fairly quiet one (I hope), just the odds and sods of general housework etc to deal with. I seriously need to get my ironing under control, at the moment it glares menacingly at me like a grotesquely overgrown evil toad, but if the weather is going to be as lovely as they predict, the toad may have to wait a bit longer.



Next weekend we will be attending my friend’s engagement party. Her fiancé proposed on May Bank Holiday weekend in front of her family and friends. Got to hand it to him, he did it properly, and she was thrilled to bits. She has been married previously (which didn’t work out, obviously) and was hurt emotionally. The idiot didn’t appreciate what he had until he had thrown it away (which he did in a most spectacular fashion, and that’s putting it VERY nicely) consequently he lost her.



Luckily this guy seems to be intent on making my friend happy for the rest of their days on this earth together, and I hope he continues that, as she is a lovely girl. I think it is great that, despite her bad experiences, she still has faith in marriage as an institution and loves him enough to take that chance; a large number of divorcees are more inclined to be a little cynical about taking the vows again. Good on them, I hope they will be very happy together.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment