Thursday 20 May 2010

Hot n Bothered!

It’s only been five days since I got my hair cut, and I cannot wait for my hot brush to arrive!



Already I am beginning to comprehend the logistics of shorter hair. The fact that I can’t just go “f*ck it, can’t be bothered to wash it, will put it up today” has already added to my morning routine, which wasn’t exactly short and speedy to begin with.



The other problem is, I have purchased a hairdryer/brush/thingy but I am finding it a challenge getting to grips with it. I expect to be able to do things first time (regardless of difficulty) and not being able to master this product is driving me nuts, even though I have only had it two days.



Realistically, I should expect it to take a while as I have not had shorter hair since I was 18/19 years of age (not going to tell you how long ago THAT was!) but patience is not exactly my strong point.



Under no circumstances will I be buying a set of straighteners! Luckily enough, my hair is straight anyway, and very little persuasion from a hair brush and hairdryer keeps it that way.



When you look at some articles, they cite shorter hair as being easy to manage and requiring less time to style etc. I don’t think these articles take into account women (like me!) who haven’t had shorter hair for a long, long time, and therefore need a fair bit of practice to figure out what to do with it, other than wash it and style it.



Changing the subject! Little tip for anyone who, when they fancy something sweet, heads for the chocolate or biscuit tin. Get a whole pineapple, cut it up into chunks and store them in batches in containers in the fridge. Then when you fancy something sweet, work your way through a small container of pineapple.



I come home from watching my netball team play last night and really fancied something sweet to eat. Normally I would have located the nearest bit of chocolate, or nutella, but I’m determined not to give in (at the moment!) so I had some pineapple instead. It wasn’t quite the same, but it stopped me eating chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment