Saturday 8 May 2010

Miles of walking..

...and I'm feeling fat!

Only women can understand this.

I've put a couple of pounds on recently, enough that I'm starting to feel a bit self conscious about what I wear. And I have never been that confident about clothes anyway.

In that way that women have, I was hoping to see the effects of all the miles of walking over the last few days as an immediate result. And, of course, it's not immediate, which is downright out of order, as it should be visible straightaway, in the same way that chocolate, cheesecake, chocolate torte and a bottle of wine shared with a friend all shouldn't have calories.

Try explaining the logic of this to a man. When I commented that I feel fat, there wasn't an immediate rebuttal of this, which then leads you to think that maybe he is thinking that those few pounds are starting to notice as well.
Men, take note, sometimes ignoring a female comment about their weight because you don't agree with it can be damaging, even though no harm is meant!
When queried on it, he advised that I don't look fat, but the evil little gremlin that sits on my shoulder criticising my appearance 24/7 (amongst other things, and its a horrible little gremlin who is difficult to shut up) is already rubbing it's hands with glee at having an unwitting ally.

For now I will have to shut the little gremlin in our suitcase as we are going out for dinner!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Calle de Numancia,Barcelona,Spain

1 comment: